The New Year is almost here, along with the first of the 2016 conferences and events of interest to the nonprofit sector. Below are 15 events happening in February - March 2016. Except for three, all events are U.S.-based.
- Aid and Development Africa Summit 2016, Aid and International Development Forum, February 2-3, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: "Gathering 250+ senior representatives and advisors from regional governments, UN agencies, international and regional NGOs, CBOs, investors and donors, research institutes and the private sector, this unique summit looks at how technological innovations and best practice can improve aid delivery and development strategy in East Africa."
- Yale Philanthropy Conference, Fostering Ecosystems of Change, February 12, Yale University, New Haven, CT: Hosted by Yale's School of Management, the conference "...is the only industry conference planned entirely by a top-tier business school, YPC embraces its tie to Yale’s School of Management (SOM) and the mission to create leaders for business and society. The conference is geared towards philanthropists and individuals working at foundations but also attracts nonprofit professionals, academics, consultants, and students." Registration ranges from $30 (student) to $90 (professional).
- Tackling Poverty and Social Exclusion in Europe: Towards Better Social Cohesion and Tolerance in Times of Austerity, February 16, Brussels: "This timely international symposium will examine the current state of the Europe 2020 strategy to reduce poverty and social exclusion and evaluate the need to adopt and develop newer strategies to stimulate inclusiveness through education and employment." € 295 - 395.
- Building Resilience to Climate Change Challenges: Promoting Solutions Towards Sustainability and Growth, February 17, Brussels: "This international symposium will provide an invaluable opportunity to assess the current situation of the climate system and discuss possible solutions to tackle climate change challenges." Registration € 265 -295
- International Fundraising Conference, February 17-19, New York, NY: Hosted by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), the conference is directed toward development professionals at institutions of higher education who are interested in raising funds from international alumni.
- Washington Nonprofit Conference, February 17-19, Washington, DC: The conference "...is a two-day event where you will exchange innovative marketing and fundraising ideas, generate insightful solutions and think creatively to help you make the relationship with your donors even stronger."
- Impact National Conference, February 18-21, Amherst, MA: "The IMPACT Conference is historically the largest gathering in the country focused on the civic engagement of college students in community service, service-learning, community-based research, advocacy and other forms of social action. Our mission is to strengthen communities through service, action, and advocacy." Registration cost ranges from $190 (early bird) to $250 (on-site registration).
- Frank 2016, February 23 -26, Gainsville, FL: Hosted by the University of Florida, College of Journalism and Communications, " frank is the foremost gathering of people who use strategic communications to drive social change." This event is invitation only, although if you are interested you can send them an email explaining why you would like to attend and requesting an invite.
- 2016 P2P Forum Conference, February 23-25, Orlando, FL: Peer-to-Peer fundraising training and networking opportunities. Registration is $845 (early bird) to $945 (after Jan. 8).
- Nonprofit Finance & Sustainability Conference, March 3, Minneapolis, MN: "his fifth annual day-long conference will offer insights, strategies and tools for staff and board members looking at your organization’s financial sustainability from diverse perspectives – from strategy and oversight to implementation and evaluation. Join your nonprofit colleagues to learn about critical issues and best practices to help your organization remain sustainable into the future." Registration $159 - $259.
- 2016 Nonprofit Conference, March 9-11, Spartanburg, SC: "The 2016 Summit (Mar. 9-11) offers something for just about everyone on your team. Directors, managers and even board members can choose from 60 sessions organized in five tracks: CollaborACTION, Leadership, Fundraising, Marketing, and Finance & Operations." Registration ranges from $115 - $300.
- 2016 SXSW Conference, March 11-20, Austin, TX: "The South by Southwest® (SXSW®) Conferences & Festivals offer the unique convergence of original music, independent films, and emerging technologies. Fostering creative and professional growth alike, SXSW® is the premier destination for discovery."
- Washington Nonprofit Legal and Tax Conference, March 17-18, Washington, DC: "The conference is designed especially for directors, comptrollers, CFO's, CEO's, counsel and accountants of nonprofit organizations, including foundations, associations, philanthropic, government, cultural, religious, health, educational, social welfare, civic and fraternal organizations. Attorneys, accountants, and others who provide critical services to these sectors--all are present in force as well." Registration ranges from $550 - $1099.
- International Fundraising Conference, March 20-22, Boston, MA: "This conference is your opportunity to sharpen your focus and skills, and to amass knowledge that will bring immediate impact to your organization. Join us in Boston for three days of listening, learning and laughter among the greatest thought-leaders in international fundraising and philanthropy." Registration $849 (member) and $1199 (non-member).
- Nonprofit Technology Conference, March 23-25, San Jose, CA: "The Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTC) is the nonprofit sector’s signature technology event. We assemble over 2000 of the best and brightest nonprofit professionals from around the world. Together, they collaborate, innovate, and discover new ways to spark change with technology." Registration ranges from $650 (member) to $1150 (non-member late registration).
Additional Resources for Conference & Events Listings
- The Ultimate 2016 Nonprofit Conference Calendar at impactism.or
- Philanthropy News Digest at philanthropynewsdigest.org
- The 2015-2016 Best Nonprofit Conferences on the Everyaction blog
- Global Conference Calendar on Alliance.com
- Elsevier’s Global Event List