Below you'll find nine conferences scheduled for October and November 2016. Except for the International Fundraising Congress, all of the conferences listed below will take place in the U.S. This fall it's an East Coast line-up with several of the conferences taking place in the Washington DC area and two in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- International Fundraising Congress, The Netherlands, 10/18/2016 - 10/21/2016: "The theme of the IFC programme this year is: Asking the Right Questions. For four days, plenary, masterclass and session speakers will twist, shout, whisper and turn cartwheels to shake you out of your comfort zone and get you laser-focused on the questions that will point your organisation toward transformational change. How do we get our donors more deeply engaged? What strategies, beyond traditional fundraising, are out there waiting for us to discover them? The right questions — much less the right answers — aren’t easy and aren’t immediately clear. They aren’t universal. One size does not fit all. That’s where the IFC 2016 can help!"
- 2016 Alliance National Conference, 10/19/2016 - 10/21/2016, Los Angeles, CA: A conference hosted by the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities, the conference brings together more than 600 nonprofit leaders to discuss issues affecting the human service sector.
- Blackbaud Conference for Nonprofits, 10/26/2016 - 10/28/2016, National Harbor, MD: What you'll learn at the conference: "SECRETS OF STORYTELLING — Hear how to share your cause—and boost your impact—through the power of storytelling. From growing your support base to motivating activists, bbcon will show you how to rock your mission with stories that excite and inspire;GOOD-SPIRATION — Experience firsthand the powerful impact of the global giving community. We’ll share examples of real-life missions in action, give you the opportunity to create even more good with #everythingcounts, and celebrate good at its best with our Impact Awards; REAL TALK WITH THE EXPERTS — Take your pick of more than 200 expert-led sessions—many of which qualify for CPE and CFRE credits. Our sessions are bursting with real-world learnings you can put to use in your role today; JAW-DROPPING INNOVATION — Grab hold of the technology innovations that will drive philanthropy into the future—from live demos of the revolutionary new NXT solution lines to key industry initiatives, insight, and learnings: LASTING CONNECTIONS — Connect with and learn from more than 2,000 of the industry’s brightest and most passionate creative thinkers, do-gooders, and world changers.
- Social Venture Network, 11/2/2016 - 11/5/2016, Philadelphia, PA: "For 29 years, high-impact business leaders, social entrepreneurs, and impact investors have convened at SVN conferences to have real conversations with values-aligned peers. Our unique conference experience creates a space where the true challenges of leading a mission-driven organization can be addressed, and where long-time SVN members and first-time attendees find the people, resources, and ideas they need to succeed and grow. Our Model: Inspiring presentations from leading change-makers; Interactive discussions and provocative dialogue; A deep cultural foundation that welcomes entrepreneurs from a range of perspectives; Facilitated and open networking opportunities; and Artist-in-Residence performances."
- 2016 Net Impact Conference, 11/3/2016 - 11/5/2016, Philadelphia, PA: "The Net Impact Conference is the premier gathering of students and professionals who are committed to making a lasting social and environmental impact now and for a lifetime. We believe one weekend can provide the inspiration, learning, and connections to profoundly influence young people’s career paths for impact. Every year, the Net Impact Conference brings together thousands of next-generation leaders with forward-thinking businesses, nonprofits, entrepreneurs, and academics for a dynamic exchange of ideas through diverse keynotes and more than 100 panels, workshops, competitions, and networking events."
- Inbound2016, 11/8/2016 - 11/11/2016, Boston, MA: The Inbound conference covers marketing strategies, education and training on content strategy and website creation. This year's guest speakers include the actor Alec Baldwin and the entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk.
- Nonprofit Storytelling Conference, 11/10/2016 - 11/11/106, Chicago, IL: :"In order to raise more money, you must get people excited to support your cause. And the best way to do that is by telling better stories.At this year's Nonprofit Storytelling Conference you will learn how to tell better stories across the many aspects of fundraising and donor communications.You'll learn how to tap into your donor's emotions. You'll learn about digital media storytelling, major donor storytelling, visual storytelling, and telling stories at special events. You'll learn the basics of storytelling as well as some advanced storytelling techniques - such as how to structure and implement a series of stories to increase donations and donor retention."
- Independent Sector National Conference, 11/16/2016 -11/18/2016, Washington, DC: "This year’s conference will feature 25+ breakout sessions, 3 plenaries, networking events, receptions, performances, and more than 200 speakers."
- 2016 Annual ARNOVA Conference, 11/17/2016 - 11/19/2016, Washington, DC: This year's annual conference of the Association of Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action Nonprofits will focus on "Philanthropy, and Government: Policy and Partnerships in an Era of Change."