It's almost November so it's time to look at upcoming conferences and training events for the next few months. December 2015 and January 2016 are lighter months for national and international events, but there are still several events of interest during this two-month period.
December 2015 Events
Below is a list of national (US-based) and international conferences happening in December.
- December 1-2, VolunteerMatch Summit, Oakland, CA: The conference targets professionals in the fields of employee engagement and corporate responsibility to share best practices and learn from industry experts. In the past, the conference was open only to corporations, but this year they've expanded and national nonprofits are eligible to participate. Registration fee is $250 for nonprofits.
- December 2-4, 27th Annual Nonprofit Finance & Accounting Symposium, Washington, DC: This is an annual event that provides interactive workshops on current issues and topics. It is possible to 20 CPE credits by attending. Registration is $995 for members, $1095 for nonmembers.
- December 6-9, National HIV Prevention Conference, Atlanta, GA. Conference attendees include scientists, public health officials, community workers, clinicians, and persons living with HIV. Online registration has closed, but it is still possible to register in-person at the event. Registration is $425.
- December 10-11, Third International Conference on Global Public Health 2015, International Center for Research and Development, Colombo, Sri Lanka. GPH 2015 is the largest annual public health gathering in the Global South. Registration fees range from $175 (virtual) to $425 USD.
January 2016 Events
In January 2016, there are more offerings, including the following across the U.S.:
- January 3-5, 2016 Alliance Management Institute, Houston, TX
- January 7-9, 12th Annual Nonprofit Governance Symposium, University of San Diego, San Diego, CA
- January 14, Annual Nonprofit Conference, Foundation for Accounting Education, New York, NY
- January 20-22, 2016 San Francisco Conference - International Human Rights Funders Group, San Francisco, CA
Websites Listing Nonprofit Conferences
If you are interested in looking ahead to 2016 events beyond January, the websites below maintain calendars of upcoming conferences and events for the nonprofit sector.