Although summer is just beginning, it's not too early to start thinking about conferences for late summer/early fall. The month of August didn't turn up much activity so below you'll find upcoming national and international events for September 2016 only.
Have an event you would like listed? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 2016 Conferences & Events
- Content Marketing World, 9/6/2016 - 9/9/2016, Cleveland, OH: "Content Marketing World is the one event where you can learn and network with the best and the brightest in the content marketing industry. You will leave with all the materials you need to take a content marketing strategy back to your team – and – to implement a content marketing plan that will grow your business and inspire your audience." The conference includes celebrity speakers including the actor Mark Hamill and 80 sessions and workshops.
- Global Disaster Relief Summit, 9/7/2016 - 9/8/2016, Washington, DC: "The summit strives to enable quicker and better response during crisis and catastrophes in a more effective, sustainable and cost-efficient way. We have developed the agenda in consultation with key organisations, such as UNOCHA, World Vision, UNOPS, USAID, Red Cross, World Bank, Aidmatrix, and CIPS. This year’s programme focuses on best practice in logistics and transport, Procurement & Supply Chain Management, Partnerships & Financing, Security & Logistical Challenges in the Middle East, Emergency Communications & Operations."
- EVPA Training Academy, 9/13/2016 - 9/14/2016, Brussels, Belgium: The second module of the EVPA ‘VP in practice course: the fundamental toolkit’ will take place on the 13th and 14th of September in Brussels.The Training Academy is a two-module training intended to introduce newcomers to the basics of Venture Philanthropy and Social Investment."
- Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy, 9/13/2016 - 9/15/2016, Baltimore, MD: "Join us in Baltimore, September 13-15, to elevate your practice toward a more just, equitable and sustainable world.Connect with peers and executives in the field in a thoughtful and creative space. Build knowledge and skills you can apply to your work. Address critical issues in philanthropy, drawing from Baltimore’s philanthropic, cultural and political context, as well as the experience of other leaders nationwide."
- SOCAP16: SOCAP16 is the world's leading conference on impact investing and social enterprise. Held in San Francisco, September 13-16, SOCAP16 will unite innovators in business, tech, the sharing economy, health, philanthropy, and more to advance environmental and social causes.
- Philanthropy Next, 9/16/2016, Washington, DC: Experience Philanthropy NEXT, a one-day, live event that will equip you with the fundraising strategies and tactical knowledge you need to accelerate your mission
- 2016 Risk Summit, 9/18/2016 - 9/20/2016, Chicago, IL: Sponsored by the Nonprofit Risk Management Center, the conference will have sessions on data security threats, mitigating cyber risk, handling HR matters associated with hiring and disability claims, and issues associated with government contracting.
- Philanthropy for Better Cites Forum, 9/22/2016 - 9/23/2016, Hong Kong: "This forum, convened by The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust (“the Trust”), will kick off the week-long International Philanthropy and Social Enterprise Week 2016 (“The Week”) from 21st – 27th September 2016. The other two events during the Week are the Social Enterprise Summit and the Social Enterprise World Forum. The event will be the only philanthropy forum of its kind in the region focusing on tackling metropolitan issues. Cross-cutting themes include ageing and health; youth and education; environment and sustainability; innovation and technology; and cross-sector partnership in social investment. The Trust expects over 1,000 participants including around 300 international participants from around the world, and in Asia-Pacific, particularly Greater China. Target audience includes leaders and practitioners from the social, public and private sectors, philanthropists and foundation leaders, social impact investors, policymakers, intermediaries, students, and academics."
- European Social Marketing Conference, 9/22/2016 - 9/23/2016, Espoo, Finland: "The mission of the European Social Marketing Conference is to act as a vehicle to help build a European movement dedicated to capturing, spreading and nurturing good practice in Social Marketing, as well as increase the efficiency and effectiveness of Social Marketing practice at both operational and strategic levels.Social Marketing is a set of evidence and experience based concepts techniques and principles that provide a systematic approach to understanding behaviour and developing social interventions that work. It is a fusion of science, experience and practical ‘know how’.New ideas and evidence will be presented by global thought leaders and practitioners. The event will bring together practitioners, academics, policy makers, researchers and industry to explore and enrich Social Marketing practice around Europe."
- #Comnet16, 9/28/2016 - 9/30/2016, Detroit, Michigan: "The Communications Network annual conference is the premier global leadership gathering for social sector communications professionals. The ComNet16 conference will be held in Detroit, Michigan on September 28-30, 2016 and the theme of the conference will be Driving Change. At ComNet16, you will hear from the most influential, inspirational, and innovative voices in the social sector. All of our learning sessions will be focused on one outcome: driving change on the issues that you are working on."
- The 7th Annual NTD NDGO Network Meeting, 9/29/2016 - 10/2/2016, Washington, DC: "The NNN is a global forum for nongovernmental development organizations (NGDOs) working to control or eliminate NTDs such as onchocerciasis, lymphatic filariasis, schistosomiasis, soil-transmitted helminthiasis, trachoma, and leprosy. NGDOs are uniquely placed, given their field-based programs and experience, to assist in reaching the world’s most underserved populations, like those suffering from NTDs. The NNN promotes comprehensive approaches that prevent, treat, and manage consequences of diseases that affect the poorest among us."