The summer event list is starting to fill up! Below are conferences of interest to the nonprofit and NGO communities taking place in June - July 2016 in the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
- NCTech4Good, June 1-2, Durham, NC. "The NCTech4Good Conference brings together nonprofit professionals, businesses, and volunteers to collaborate, innovate, and explore ways to use technology to advance the mission of nonprofit organizations."
- Cause Marketing Forum 2016, June 1-3, 2016, Chicago, IL. "CMF2016 is the place to hear from best and the brightest minds in the world of doing well by doing good. And it’s designed to connect you with those experts and the practitioners who’ll surround you."
- Social Innovation Summit 2016, June 7-9, 2016, Washington, DC. "Those who are playing at the nexus of technology, investment, philanthropy, international development, and business come together to investigate solutions and catalyze inspired partnerships that are disrupting history. If we are obsessed with anything, it is great people. We convene the world’s most potent leaders, thinkers, and practitioners with an unwavering bias towards action and a push towards scale. "
- Personal Democracy Forum 2016, June 9-10. New York, NY. Details not yet listed.
- 2016 International Health Conference, June 20-22, 2016, King's College London. "[T]his London-based conference aims to bring together researchers who aim to promote health and wellbeing through improved health services in Europe and around the world."
- Aid and International Development Forum (AIDF) Asia: Aid and Development Summit 2016, June 21-22, 2016, Bangkok, Thailand. "The Aid & Development Asia Summit 2016 looks at how technological innovations and best practice can improve aid and development work in Asia-Pacific. The Aid & Development Asia Summit agenda will focus on building resilience to disasters and climate change, enabling quicker, safer and better emergency response, and ensuring more effective aid delivery and community engagement."
- MCON 2016, June 21-23, 2016. Washington, DC. "MCON gathers leaders, activists and social entrepreneurs to act and find creative solutions for social issues."
- 2016 Marketing and Public Policy Conference, June 23-25, 2016, California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo, CA. "The AMA's annual Marketing and Public Policy Conference offers a broad range of sessions highlighting the intersection between marketing and public policy. Participants include marketers, academics, and public policy makers from around the world and they represent a wide range of universities, agencies, and organizations."
- 2016 Results International Conference, June 25-28, 2016, Washington, DC. "The conference agenda ranges from informative sessions on critical poverty issues to skill-building workshops on community organizing and working with the media. Attendees will connect with a community of advocates from nearly two dozen countries and across the United States. On the final day of the conference, participants head to Capitol Hill and the World Bank to meet face-to-face with policymakers, advancing a shared vision of a country and a world free from poverty."
- AICPA Not-for-Profit Industry Conference, June 27-29, 2016, National Harbor, MD. "The AICPA’s Not-for-Profit Industry Conference is the event that unites CPAs and finance professionals across the spectrum of innovation, from pioneer to novice. Within the wide-ranging program, structured by experience levels and topical areas, you can tailor a learning program specific to your interests. And paired with accounting, audit, tax, and regulatory and compliance updates from standard setters, the knowledge from this conference will shed new light on how to reach your organization’s goals."
- Points of Light's Conference on Volunteering and Service, June 27-29, 2016. Detroit, Michigan. "Points of Light's Conference on Volunteering and Service is the largest service-related convening of nonprofit, government, business and civic leaders in the world. Each year, thousands of people who really care about the future of volunteer service convene in one place - to learn from, share with and get inspired by one another- to work together to increase the number of volunteers in the world and the impact of the work they do."
- International Society for Third-Sector Research (ISTR's) Conference, June 28 - July 1, 2016, Ersta Skondal University College, Stockholm, Sweden. The conference theme is "The Third Sector in Transition: Accountability, Transparency, and Social Inclusion."
- Fundraising Convention 2016, July 4-6, 2016, London. "Fundraising Convention is the largest event for professional fundraisers in Europe. Taking place over three days in July, the event will bring together a mix of experience from the charity sector, and will engage attendees through multiple sessions per day, within eight broad themes."
- Public Health Conference 2016, July 11-13, 2016, Kuching, Malaysia. "The Conference is organized by Tomorrow People Organization- internationally recognized non- for-profit organization with headquarters in Belgrade, Serbia.The official language of the conference in English. Attendance of delegates from more than 40 countries is expected. This highly exciting and challenging international Conference is intended to be a forum, discussion and networking place for academics, researchers, professionals, administrators, educational leaders, policy makers, industry representatives, advanced students, and others.
- 2016 Annual Bridge to Integrated Marketing & Fundraising Conference, July 13-15, 2016, National Harbor, MD. The conference includes 24 education tracks, 84 sessions, and 150 speakers.
- Cracking the Nut Health '16, July 18-19, 2016, Washington, DC. "To achieve the ambitious targets set out in the Sustainable Development Goals, the global community needs smarter and more cost-effective, responsive investments in health that create synergies among people, communities and health systems and promote resilience. Cracking the Nut will bring together diverse global health practitioners and thought leaders to examine how individuals and communities can contribute to building resilient health systems. "
- 2nd International Conference on Public Health, July 28-29, 2016, Colombo, Sri Lanka. "ICOPH 2016 refers to bridging the gap between research and policy and creating a global platform to discuss evidence-based health policies and interventions in public health."
Additional Resources for Conference & Events
- The Ultimate 2016 Nonprofit Conference Calendar at impactism.org
- Philanthropy News Digest Events Calendar at philanthropynewsdigest.org
- The 2015-2016 Best Nonprofit Conferences on the Everyaction blog
- Global Conference Calendar on Alliance.com
- Global Health Council events list, www.globalhealth.org
- 65+ Great Nonprofit Conferences in 2016 posted on the blog of Whole Whale