October appears to be one of the most popular months of the year for conferences. If you have funds in your professional development budget for travel and registration costs and are interested in nonprofit management and leadership, you may want to consider attending one of the conferences below.
October 2015 Nonprofit Conferences
Oct. 6, 7, 8 Alliance for Nonprofit Management, Portland, OR
Oct. 7-9, 2015 Paths to Equity: Innovative Philanthropy for Women and Girls, San Francisco, CA
Oct. 19-21, 2015, Conference on Volunteering and Service sponsored by Service Unites, Houston, TX
Oct. 19-21, AICPA National Governmental and Not-for-Profit Training Program, New Orleans, LA
Oct. 26-28, BBCon 2015, Blackbaud Conference for Nonprofits, Austin, TX
Oct. 27-29, 2015, Independent Sector’s 2015 conference, Miami, FL
Not Interested in a Conference?
How about Taking a Grant Writing Course in October
If you would rather attend a focused training instead of a conference, there are several grant writing courses and certificate programs taking place during the month of October. Here's a selection:
- Oct. 2, 2015, Grant Writing Certificate Program at the University of South Carolina begins Oct. 2nd with the course Introduction to Grant Writing, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
- Oct. 7, 2015, Grant Writing 101, Duke University Continuing Education, Durham, NC
- Oct. 23, 2015, Grantwriting: The Fundamentals, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
- Oct. 26-29, 2016, Grant Writing Certificate program, University of Georgia, Lawrenceville, GA
- Oct. 1-30, 2015, Grant Central USA has 10 seminars on grant writing scheduled in 10 states across the country during the month of October.
- Oct. 1-30, 2015, Grant Writing USA has 16 seminars on grant writing scheduled in 16 states across the country during the month of October.
Note: Try to check out the instructors before committing--the courses range in price, but most are over $500.